Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 11:32:52 -0500
I hate to say this, but I am in John's camp on this issue, for the most part.
Part of the enjoyment and thrill of hamming to me has always been the radio
contact; I can more easily and enjoyably converse with friends on Skype than
Echolink. Echolink does sound like radio, but it is VOIP.  In my mind, VOIP is
VOIP and Skype just implements things better.

Steve, K8SP