From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:26:41 +600
With many people especially the blind encountering various types of
legal problems I thought this might be of help to some of you.

This person is a very intelligent blnd person who has been
involved in helping other blind people for a long time and I have
known her since 1979.  She has a Masters degree in Social Work
and she is very concerned about our civil rights battles.  I am not selling this plan; I am trying to help out a friend who is
trying to start this type of business.  So any enquiries should be
directed to her at the contact information she gives and not to me.
Cut here.

From: "Susan Knight" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: My new business venture
Dear friends,   I sent this to you a day or two ago, but I learned that the
"from" field had something crazy in it about user first name,etc, and I
suspect some o9f you may have deleted it as spam or as contaminated by a
virus.  I have antivirus software, so you needn't worry about that.  So
here's the corrected message.

Dear friends and associates,   I want to tell you about an exciting business
I'm starting.
   Have you ever needed a lawyer?  Did you chafe at how much legal services
cost (from $150 to $300 an hour)?  According to statistics compiled by
Prepaid
Legal Services, Inc. one is three times more likely to be in court than to
be in a hospital bed.  I quote from the informational tape I received, "In
1999
there were 34,000,000 hospitalizations in North America.  The same year
there were 91,000,000 court filings."
   What Prepaid Legal Services, Inc. offers are two membership plans that
provide what is basically insurance coverage for legal expenses, and a
business
opportunity to join the company as an associate and earn an income by
marketing this service.
   Have you ever been treated unfairly, been overcharged for repairs or
signed a contract without understanding the fine print but didn't seek the
help
of an attorney because of the cost?  Everybody should have a will drawn up,
and changes in life circumstances often require that the will be updated.
And what if somebody sends incorrect information to a credit bureau?  There
are so many situations that can come up.
   Prepaid Legal Services is a 30-year-old company.  It was reported to be
one of the fastest-growing companies among the Fortune 100 for the past two
years.
Forbes Magazine ranked our company in the top 200 Best Small companies 5
consecutive years in a row. Ranking 5th, 12th, 78th ect.
   The promotional materials state that this kind of insurance is the wave
of the future, and I believe it; otherwise I wouldn't be doing this.  It has
the potential of becoming as important to families as health, car and
property insurance.
   A membership either costs $17 or $26 a month; the difference is in the
amount of coverage for pretrial expenses.
   If you would like to know more please contact me either via e-mail or at
my home telephone number, 706-327-3205.
   Thank you.

          Susan Knight