From:
Fred Olver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 03:53:08 -0500
Actually, Tracy, I would want to disagree with you.

The Kenwood th-F6A provides ease of use from several standpoints. With the
interface cable one can set up the radio using the free software available
from the Kenwood site.

If you do not wish to purchase the interface cable you can set up the
memories from the front of the radio itself.

The TH-F6a provides three, not two bands of access.

2 meters
220 megahertz
and
440 megahertz hambands

as well as access to frequencies below the AM broadcast band up to 1.2
gegahertz. This includes most VHF and UHF TV bands
10 weather channels, scannable independently from the front of the radio and

possible use of the radio for both AM, FM commercial bands and use as a
cross-band radio.

Because of these functions, I think I will happily disagree with you. This
is one of the most functional radios if not the most functional radios ever
developed for possible use blind ham radio operators.

Also, Batteries America offers several discounted battery packs for the
radio and a generic charger for them at a much reduced price over the
Kenwood charger.

Fred Olver  N9BSO

Check out my recently published book Dealing With Vision Loss at my web
page:

http://www.dealingwithvisionloss.com

and while you are there read excerpts from the book or listen to a radio
interview with the author.