From:
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2015 21:22:33 -0500
I also had a quad for 20 meters back in the 1960's when I lived in Michigan,
and it was the best antenna I ever had for 20 meters. I loved it. The
problem was that I could not keep it up through the winter. Well, actually
it made it through the winter, but it needed some work, but before I could
get to work on it, a really bad March wind storm came through and blew it
down. It was all homebrew, and I just didn't rebuild it. I had a 14AVQ
vertical at the same time, and there were stations I could hear with the
quad that I could not copy with my 14AVQ vertical.

Ron, K8HSY