From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:37:16 -0500
I had a 3530 on 220 in the 90's.  The radio from an accessibility standpoint
was great.  The down side was that a good number of them developed vco
issues that caused noise in receive.  It must have been a mechanical issue
as I could tap a place toward the rear of the radio on the top cover and
aggravate the problem.  Friends who had the radios reported that after a
while with one mounted in a vehicle the problem developed in a good number
of the rigs.  As I recall a friend was able to solve the problem with a fix
for the vco.  If I remember correctly he had to open the radio, get at the
co and melt the wax that the components were mounted in then somehow
mechanically re-seat them and reset the protective wax.

It was interesting to note that my radio which didn't see service in a
mobile environment developed the problem over a year or two of use.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM