From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:31:24 -0600
I remember Paul Harvey speaking at the 1988 NFB national convention in
Chicago.  What was unusual about this was that only a short 12 years earlier
he was rather critical of the attempts of the blind to gain first class
citizenship, and many of his criticisms were quoted in Mr. Jernigan's 1976
banquet speech, "Blindness visions and vultures."  But by 1988 we apparently
won him over because his presentation, which could have been titled "Could
you do it with your eyes closed?" pointed out several blind people who did
seemingly impossible jobs including our own John Miller who was mentioned in
his presentation and got a chance to meet him.  Maybe he would like to share
some of his observations with us.
Harvey