From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:14:16 -0600
Mike, I can't resist saying this.  When the Expos first entered the National
league in 1969 people supported them like crazy.  They televised games every
Wednesday night home or away in both English and French.  Tickets were hard
to come by.  When the left, they couldn't give them away.  It had to be
mismanagement that forced them out of Montreal.  But I think the attitude of
some people in Quebec also had something to do with it, because there is an
element that wants to force all English out and have French only as their
language.
Harvey