From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:33:31 -0700
I suspect that motorola will have little to do with the amateur radio side
of vertex standard, that being yaesu.
They bought the company for its commercial value on the vertex standard
side, not for its potential on the amateur radio side.
Now motorola just needs to buy johnson and ericson and they'll have the
whole trunking market as well.
I forsee a reduction if anything in production of new ham radio products
from yaesu.

73
Colin, V A6BKX