From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:47:34 -0500
Hi Justin.

I can't speak to the original IC-706, but I have used the '706 Mk II and
the '706 Mk II G and these radios are accessible to a degree.  Unless you
have a really good memory, the menus are a little intimidating, but with
the purchase of the Millenium QSYer, frequency control is a breeze.  The
Millenium QSYer is a small battery powered keypad that allows you to key in
frequencies directly.  There is a voice synthesizer available for these
radios.  It is the UT102 synthesizer.  I also bought the Icom AT-180 auto
tuner, which is the matching tuner for the IC-706.  I like the auto tuner
very much, although it is awfully pricy.

I have had quite a bit of fun with my '706 Mk II G, but I think there are
more accessible radios out there.  Once I get some extra money together,
assuming that BPL doesn't totally wreck HF, I would like to get the
Ellicraft K2 with the accessible control interface and the 60 meter
option.  I have been looking at Buddy's posts and I like what I see.  It
will probably get me to finally part with my Ten Tec Argonaut 509!

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:09 PM 3/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_01A8_01C4169B.48658050
>
>Hi all. =20
>I think I might have the chance to purchase the ic706 used.  What are =
>your thoughts on the radio as far as accessibility from a blind persons =
>perspective?  Thanks
>
>------=_NextPart_000_01A8_01C4169B.48658050

>Hi all.
>I think I might have the chance to = purchase the=20 ic706 used.  What are
>your thoughts on the radio as far as = accessibility=20 from a blind
>persons perspective?  Thanks
>

>------=_NextPart_000_01A8_01C4169B.48658050--

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK