From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:46:05 -0600
not sure where you heard MFJ has talking equipment, but they don't.
Yes, the LDG TW2 does 6M through 70CM so if that is what you are wanting,
then it'll do the trick.
The tw1 of course is good from 1.8 to 54MHZ as well.
I am curious as to why you want a tuner on your 2M antenna?
They are usually the easiest to tune.  That is, unless you are using a very
narrow banded antenna and wish to use it across the band?
I would suggest getting the tw2 and then tuning your FM antenna for 146.50,
pretty much the middle of the FM 2M band.
If you are operating SSB with a horizontal beam, then match that antenna for
144.200 and leave it...2M FM is not condusive to narrow banded antennas.
Most of your typical co-liniar antennas will operate at a low SWR across the
FM portion of 2M and will not require tuning.
due to the nature of communications on 2M, having as much of your power get
to the antenna as you can, and having the best match you can get is the best
senario.
73
Colin, V A6BKX