From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:40:35 -0400
Conditions have been great during much of the last 3 weeks.  When we have
barely enough solar flux to open 10 meters, absorption is minimal.  So if
there is propagation, signals are fairly strong.  Yesterday I worked UA3 in
the morning and JA and UA0 near sunset.  Today we had an opening to Japan
that lasted a couple of hours.  For about half an hour the signals were
fairly strong.  W9DIK reported on the net that he had worked someone in
Scotland on 10-meter AM.  Harold doesn't have a beam.  Try to work this
stuff while the K index is low.  A higher K index is only good for QSOs to
the south.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com