From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:45:05 -0800
Yes, this is true, but on the one I tried, it still didn't have much
range.  I got my duck antenna for mine in the mail today, so I'll do
some testing and let you all know.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Lou Kolb wrote:

> I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that,
> onn the C Crane transmitter there was a screw driver adjusted trimmer pot
> that, when turned all the way up, dramatically increased the range.  I
> believe you had to pull a sticker off the back of the unit to get to it.
> Lou Kolb
> Voice-over Artist:
> Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations
> Messages On-hold:
> www.loukolb.com

>>> anyway
>>> if you are the driver.  I tried it with both my KX3 and with my
>>> ATS-3B.
>>> Both were hooked up to my mobile antenna.  So, at least I could
>>> do a
>>> little
>>> casual "SWLing" along the way.
>>>
>>> I've used devices like this quite often--some work fairly well,
>>> and
>>> some
>>> don't.  This one seems to work pretty well, and it was
>>> cheap--only
>>> about
>>> $15.  There are all sorts of applications for a device like
>>> this--you
>>> can
>>> decide if you could make use of something like this or not.  I
>>> even
>>> use them
>>> at home sometimes when, for example, I need to refill the coffee
>>> cup.
>>> just listen on a small portable radio while the other guy is
>>> transmitting,
>>> and he never knows I was away from the radio.  It seems to work
>>> pretty
>>> well