From:
"Edward L. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:02:22 -0230
Greetings all!
I just joined this list a few days ago and so far have been just reading
its messages, however; I figured I should introduce myself.
If you've read this far you already know I'm Ed Barnes. And, I'm from
Newfoundland in Canada.
Some of you may also recognize my name from other e-mail discussion lists
which I subscribe too both blindness related and non-blindness specific,
etc.
At the moment I am not an amateur radio operator, however; I've taken the
first baby steps toward becoming one so I figured I'd join this list as I
have heard good things about it and several people recommended that I
might learn a thing or two from the list.
Incidentally, I will be writing the exam for a basic Canadian amateur
radio certificate two weeks from Thursday and I plan to do the testing for
the 5 words per minute cw certification to add to the basic licence six
weeks from now if all goes according to plan with the basic licence exam.
Also, a bit more about me, at the moment I'm currently looking for
employment as I graduated from a 2 year computer support program in
August, in my free time I enjoy doing computer-related activities and
right now I'm trying to learn Linux, I enjoy all sorts of outdoor
activities, like listening to all sorts of music and following many
professional sports, and just generally hanging out.
At the moment all's going well with my study for the basic licence and I
don't think it'll be terribly challenging, however; one never knows and I
might get surprised when I write the test. <lol>
For now I will sign off on this note and see what else I can learn from my
fellow list members.
If anyone wants to e-mailme me direct, my address is below and I use msn
messenger as well.
My msn messenger id and address for regular e-mail are one in the same.
Thanks all for reading this and I look forward to participating in the
list and learning from it too.
Best regards to all.

Ed Barnes [log in to unmask]