From:
Nora Nagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:41:58 -0400
Hi!  To reset the VX7 R to factory defaults and wipe out all memories, do
the following:

1.  Hold down the 4 key, the V/M key and the BAND key.
On the lower part of the radio, the keypad is 5 keys wide by 3 keys high.
The 4 key is the second key from the left in the middle row.  BAND is the
top key in the right column.  The V/M key is the bottom key in the right
column.

Turn the radio on while holding down these three keys.

2.  Wait a minute to make sure that it turns on. Hopefully, it will beep.
Then press the MON/F key to finish the process.  This key is the left most
key in the top row of the 3 x 5 keypad.

Hope this helps.

Also, I use that shareware program, VX7 commander to program my radio.  It
is VERY finicky with serial to USB converters.  I have cables from a place
called TTL2USB.com.  They work, but it still take a number of attempts to
get it to work.

Good luck!  Write if you need more info.

Nora Nagle
KB1OHB