From:
Kelvin Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:39:52 -0000
Hi All,

We're setting up a new Active Elements email group for narrators.  There is
often a need for recordings of amateur radio equipment guides, and it seems
a good idea to set up a group of potential readers.

As usual, I don't know where this might be heading, but it would be
wonderful if we could ask for a reader who might have some slack time, to
volunteer to tackle a needed guide.  I guess the guides could be anything
from a couple of pages to a complete rig manual.  The readers would have to
record on their own equipment, as AE has no funds, and produce MP3, but I
think any blind user would really appreciate anyone's attempts, from the
polished to the quick and dirty!

We have considerable experience of helping potential readers get started,
and online tutorials and free software are available.

I'm sending out a few invitations, but if you are interested in joining the
reading pool, just send a message to:

Best wishes, Kelvin Marsh - M0AID

Working to improve accessibility for radio amateurs with disabilities

www.active-elements.org

For accessibility evaluations of amateur equipment and MP3 manuals