From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2016 17:05:49 -0500
Albert,

How old is the radio?

After a while switches, knobs and other mechanical controls ware out  I
had a similar problem with the the rotary tuning knob.  It would skip
steps or bounce through several steps with only one or two clicks of the
knob.  I ended up having to get the knob assembly replaced.  This was
after the radio was in service over 10 years.

It still was worth the repair.  The rig is going strong several years
after the repair.

I will take an educated guess that the key pad switches are starting to
show their age after a long life of service.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM

--
Dave Marthouse