From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:05:39 -0600
the logger in HRD isn't very screen reader friendly like some of the other
stand alone loggers.
Neither is the dx cluster program that comes with HRD.
the program itself, is quite screen reader friendly, and you can get freq
and mode readout, as well as S meter readout from HRD and the sappi speech
engine for most radios.
Perhaps i shouldn't say most, but I think the newer icoms and kenwoods will
allow HRD to give S meter and freq/mode readouts from the software.
Does HRD not give those when hooked up to the IC735?
I've also found that entering memory information with HRD doesn't work at
all with the ts2000.
Not like it does with the proper kenwood software.  I suppose you can press
the memory button from hrd, choose the frequency and then enter it into the
radio that way, but at that point, you might as well just use the physical
buttons on the front of the rig.
This  function probably works better with rigs that don't already have a
voice synth built in such as the ic735.
73
Colin, V A6BKX