From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:08:34 -0400
Well I'm an old school echolink user so when I registered back in 2003, all
I needed was my callsign. It's changed now, so you're probably going to have
to wait until you can provide the photo. It's become important for them to
verify your license since people used to get on it unchecked. With that said
good luck. In the mean time you can try out this (not so good) program
called: eqso. Go to their site at: www.eqso.org and download the software.
You can register with your call sign and they don't have quite a screening
process. You can even register as an swl (shortwave listener.) That's a voip
chat program as well accept it's real annoying with jaws. Of course the
sightys won't care. For us though, the jaws is way too chatty and there a
few steps you have to follow when connecting to particular nodes. Have fun
though.