From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:06:46 -0500
You won't want to put the 4btv on a tripod, I have the 5BTV which is the
same thing but with the 80 meter resonator on top and that's a lot of wind
load, without the 80 meter resonator on top a bungee cord doesn't have a
chance of holding it. Also, you need radials with that, no matter what it
says, I did tests with mine with no radials and some bands won't even tune
right with no radials. Really though if you can't put a good solid mast to
mount it on, either on the building, or in the ground, no temporary mounting
system will hold that with any breeze or light wind at all. I have heard of
people putting the base permanently mounted and just bring the antenna in
when not in use, I don't know if that's an option, but I'd never go any more
temporary than that with that antenna.