From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 01:55:33 -0700
agreed, the DSP for cw is great because you are only trying to pull out a
single frequency tone...DSP for voice is often quite bad because you loose
too much fadelity and intelligibility with it.
Sure you can hear the signal better with less noise, but you end up not
being able to hear the words or what the guy is actualy saying because of
the digital artifacts added onto the signal.
The ssb DSP filters on the TS2000 are really quite poor as Bob says.
Great for cw, but awful for SSB.

73
Colin, V A6BKX