From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:32:13 -0500
As one who is getting married myself in September, I looked in to it since I
get SSDI because of my father's passing in 1999. It is on the info in the
web site that I'd lose that and just get SSI once I get married. I'm hoping
to be done with school and stuff by then and find a job in my preferred
field, but,it is spelled out on the web site in the midst of all that info.
Also, I was told that when I was put on SSDI. By all means fight it, I can't
guaranty it will get anywhere. The hardship idea in that you can't pay it
back might be your best option. Anyone on SSI of any kind should be on
hardship if you ask me, if it wasn't for my fiancé's income, though it's not
much right now, I could pay rent electric, gas, and either of internet, tv,
or home phone, of course I'd never have home phone these days, and probably
could feed myself, the pets would be in trouble. And I live in a cheap
place, in fact it's cheaper than advertised because of incentives my
landlord has for people who pay rent on time for their first 6 months and
keep paying it on time.