From:
howard kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 14:27:55 -0600
My apologies, because this is very off topic.

I am beginning to think seriously about hearing aids.

Women's voices with foreign accents are really giving me trouble on the
phone.

The problem is that all my mobility is done on facial vision, or sound
shadows, or what ever you want to call it.

I tried my friend's $6,000 hearing aids, and they were amazing.

Amazing that is until I couldn't hear the sides of a door jam, or the
widening ambience of the stairs in front of me.

Is it possible to have hearing aids, and still hear the things or lack of
things that I need to hear to be a good traveller?

So far, I am able to hear cars soon enough to cross the street safely.

Its just the things I use like trees and poles that I don't want to loose.

Its not sound, as much as the absence of sound that I listen to.

I am sure many of you do the same, and I am sure many of you have never
heard what I am talking about.

Howard Kaufman MSW LCSW