From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:52:13 -0500
Just to pour gas on the fire.
Isn't New Orleans still below the level of the lake and the river?  Why are
we using tax dollars to rebuild before we figure out how to prevent the same
disaster again?  With ten years of warning, the leaders of the city did not
lead, and the most volnerable citizens did not act.  When we refuse to learn
from history, history will continue to present the same lesson until we
figure it out.  We have the might to win any war we want to start.  Before
we win a war, we have to know how we are going to win the peace.  With out
that, winning a war is only expence, validation of our enemies beliefs, and
distruction of life, material, and the environment.  From the first crusade
which was what around the year 1100 BCE, the lesson is constant.  Keep your
Christian fingers out of the Moslem world.  They will only grow in hatred
for you.  They will also cut off the fingers, that is unless they can cut
off all of your helping hands.