From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:54:45 -0700
Hi Edward, well, I installed the chip in the TMV-71A as well as
the TS-480.  The install was much easier on the 71A because you
only have to remove the top cover and keep track of 8 small
screws.  With the 480 you have to remove both the top cover then
a small cover inside the rig plus be very careful with a bundle
of very small wires running between the inner cover and the front
panel of the rig.  Anyway, the 71A is a piece of cake if you
aren't worried about taking things apart and getting them back
together again.  Jim WA6EKS