From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:13:25 -0500
Hi Tom;

Well, that is not an entirely true statement.

I have yet to use an ht with the chargeable battery pack connected where the
battery pack is not at least trickle charged.

As a matter of fact, the KENWOOD TH-79A and the TH-22A both have diodes in
there dry cell battery packs so that if you do have alkaline or other types
of batteries in the dry cell pack, they will not charge.

I have found that the KENWOOD reps tend to want to get you off the phone
very quickly and they sometimes have an attitude like they know more than
you do.

I particularly don't like dealing with LEO.

Anyway I have found the Clifford is probably the best rep to deal with.

But, that's just been my experience and you can take that for what its
worth.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389