From:
Scott Gillen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:09:13 +1300
A few questions for 590 users.

1. What is the receiver like?  Being clear out in ZL I think a good receiver will be important. Think the last
Radio I had was a ts450 about 15 years ago.

2. What are  the DSP filters like.  I've never herd a DSP filter. I'm not a big fan of to much noise reduction. The old radios I had made it sound unnatural. I'm in a city of aprox 1Million and I don't know how much man maid noise I will have.

3. Does it have a removable front panel?  There may be times I want to listen from a location other than my shack.

I've only owned Kenwoods over the years but would listen to other suggestions.  Speech is nice but not a necessity. I prefer bright digits on a dark background but it appears the displays have gone away from that for the most part.

I'lll be running SSB and perhaps digital but mostly SSB.

73
Scott
ZL1CHM / N0HOJ
Auckland New Zealand