From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:36:43 -0500
Hi, everyone.

Sorry I'm coming in so late on this discussion, but this past week, I was
very involved with installing adaptive software on a new work laptop, and
doing some class preparation work for the coming semester.

As you all may know, I absolutely love my two Alpha Delta DXCC antennas!
They are probably the best 40-meter antennas I have ever owned.  Here at the
home QTH, I have my DXCC up about 40 feet at the center, with the ends
probably about 25 feet off the ground.

The antenna does tune on 80 meters, for about 100 KC's around the center of
the band, but I do find that the SWR rises dramatically outside of that
area. This is probably due to its short length--i.e. 82 feet.

In addition, the antenna does not do as well on 20 meters as I would like.
But I think this might have something to do with my installation here, in
that I might be getting interaction with either my other antennas, or with
something on the house or garage.  I say this because the Alpha delta DXCC I
have out at the RV camp site seems to perform much better on 20, probably
because it is in freer space.

Anyway, it sounds like Don might have purchased another antenna by now,
which will probably be fine.

I just wanted to reinforce the positive experiences I seem to be having with
the DXCC, especially on 40 meters.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ