From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:25:07 -0700
Good grief, I'm not sure I want to write a book.  Have you seen a 1200?
It has a scope on it, which I can't use, but it also has two meters, one
showing frequency error and the other for modulation, average and peak
power and so forth.  I can also get a sinad reading, but it has been so
long I'd have to look back on my notes.  I can tell by ear close enough
what the receiver is doing.  It has output adjustment with 20 db steps and
continious variable between, so easy to tell what the output of the
generater is set for.  You can command it via the terminal program to what
range you want, enter frequency and so forth.  If I type rff?, it gives me
back rf frequency.  I I send mtr1? (question mark) it gives me the reading
of meter one plus or minus, on audio or rf.  Hope that covers everything.
My program has grown over the years.  I run it in dos.  I bought power
basic as I was told it was easy to convert gw basic over.  Not so.  It is
a pain in the as as it doesn't handle variables or sub routines the same,
so I never figured out how to do a windows version.  I have function keys
defined to do various things, write a memory, recall a memory, read meter
one or two.  I even wrote a sub routine that asks me how often I want a
reading so I can say 2 seconds or 5 or whatever and it will keep talking
to me as I adjust for deviation or whatever.  hth.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148