From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:28:51 -0800
Hi Albert,
Any linux distribution I've seen when installed from a CD or DVD, will want
to rpartition and reformat your hard disk.
Assuming you're installing a distribution with an accessible installer,
about the only thing you may have trouble with to get the install started is
setting your bios to boot from the DVD or CD drive before the hard disk.

Unless your machine is already set that way, you'll need sighted help for
the bios change. Unfortunately accessible bios setup is almost unheardof.

Hope that helps.
Tom Fowle WA6IVG