From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 06:11:07 -0600
I'm releasing JJRadio version 4.3.1.  You can get it from my web site at
http://www.jjshaffer.net.  The main new item is support for the Flex 6300
software defined radio.  It will support all the Flex 6000 series rigs, but
with only two slices.

At this point, I think it would be a good idea to briefly run down JJRadio's
features, as
many may not be aware of them.

1.  JJRadio supports monitoring and control of the Kenwood TS-590, TS-2000,
Elecraft K3, and the Flex 6300.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated for
the TS-590SG though.  This will primarily effect the menus.  It works with
your screen reader, and works best with a refreshible braille display, but
the braille display isn't required.

2.  The program includes logging support.  The log format used is unique to
JJRadio, but the log can be exported to, or imported from, the ADIF format.
The log supports dup checking for call only, call and band, or call, band,
and mode.  If, for example, you set the dup checking to call only, a beep
will sound when you enter a call of a station you've worked before.  This is
how I've set up my default log.

3.  You can predefine an unlimited number of CW messages to be sent on the
supported rigs.

4.  For the U.S. bands, JJRadio has a feature that will tell you what the
valid frequencies are for a given band and license class.  The defaults here
are the band your on, and your license class.

5.  It supports a panning feature for the Kenwood and Flex radios.  This
works best with the Flex radios, where panning is built into the radio.  For
other rigs, the panning uses the radio to scan a frequency range that you
specify.

6.  The program has a simple scanning feature for scanning a specified
frequency range.  You can specify the scanning step size and the scan speed.
You can pause the scan, and then resume it where you left off.  This is
handy if you want to look around where you just heard something.  You can
also save the scan parameters for later use, (e.g.) you can set up a scan to
scan your favorite shortwave broadcast region.

7.  JJRadio makes heavy use of key sequences, especially where logging is
concerned.  You can change these key sequences if you like.

8.  While there are many fields on the screen, JJRadio contains a "Fields"
menu which allows you to quickly jump to a given screen field without having
to tab through several fields to get there.

9.  JJRadio contains complete documentation in HTML format, accessible from
the help menu.

10.  Finally, and this is the biggest advantage to the program for me, you
can essentially have a braille radio if you use a refreshible braille
display.  Thus you don't have to listen to speech while trying to listen to
a weak one, for example.  In fact, when using the program, I turn my screen
reader's speech off.
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL
Pflugerville, TX