From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:39:44 -0600
Thanks Lou, I guess what I am trying to say is, that it is important to
encourage hams to enjoy and become active in the hobby in any way that they
can.  The accent is on the word "they", It's easy to feel blasted when
something you want to try gets blasted.  Here we have eager new blind hams,
and it's in our best interests as well as their's to welcome, and encourage
them, in any way we can.  We all had that when we started, and it is very
unlikely that any of us would have stayed with the hobby with out it.  I am
for example deffending echo-link and what it does, but I don't use it much
myself.  Nobody seems to talk to me on it, and skype is more versitile with
better audio quality.  I also have 4 HF stations and 2 Vhf/Uhf stations, so
I have options.  Some day, I may not have options.