From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:04:40 -0500
Matt:

With the VGS1 installed, the TS480 is just about as accessible as the TS590.
Unlike the TS480, the 590 does give you SWR and output power readings, and
there may be a few other differences I'm not thinking of right now, but
again, the TS480 is actually very accessible and easy to configure.

I currently own a TS480 that I use in my Camper trailer, and absolutely love
it.

I also own a TS590 which I use here in the home shack.

Go to

www.icanworkthisthing.com for documentation files on the rig.

Many others on the list own 480's, and I'm sure we can help you with
specific questions as they arise.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ