From:
Doug and Sheilla Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:15:43 -0700
I have an interesting story to tell about that Virgin Islands repeater on
ten meters. I have a friend, whome we call Joe. That's not his real name! He
used to get on that repeater all the time. You see, Joe was a technician. We
all know that generals and up are allowed there, not technicians.
One day, while my friend, Joe, was on that repeater, his phone rang. The
call was from a next door neighbor. "Hey, Joe", the neighbor asked, "what is
that truck with all the antennas on it doing parked in front of your house?"
Yup! It was our friends from the fcc. Joe gota slap on the wrist from the
policemen of the airwaves! We all got a laugh out of it. All of us that is,
except for "joe". 73 to all