From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:57:02 -0400
I have mine setup like a dipole, not like a g5RV, in other words my twin
lead is not vertical at all, and I need a tuner everywhere but the only
place an internal tuner won't tune it is 160 and it plays very well. I have
had a couple breaks where the feed line attaches and likely the next time
will be the last but you use as much glue and electrical tape as I did, that
might be a while. I'm looking forward to trying to get the cobra ultralite
up though when the g5RV does break again or when I move out of here, what
ever comes first. Basically, when I have to take the G5RV down, this one
won't be going back up except maybe in a backup/ special event situation.