From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:22:53 -0700
I can't speak for your friend of course, but I prefer to have every possible
advantage, including running 1500 watts.  Serious DX chasers even use feed
lines and connectors that are extremely low loss.  Every link in the chain
has to be strong.  I use 7/8th Andrew hard line and 7/16 DIN connectors both
are as low loss as I can get.  The wasting of a single DB is totally
unacceptable.  And like everything else, it is very expensive.  A single
male type N connector for 7/8th hard line cost about $50 apiece.  7/8th
Andrew hard line costs about $5 per foot.  A single male 7/16 DIN connector
for LMR900DB, which I use for my six meter feed line, cost about $100.
It all adds up.

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ