From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:07:33 -0400
Besides the info Steve gave, there is now a cottage industry  for this
antenna that can be found on the internet.  Do a google search for hex beam,
and you will find a load of plans,  complete antennas, and suppliers of
parts to build one.

BTW, the old Mini Quad isn't dead.  Can still be had from TGM Communications
in  Canada and now referred to as  a "Hybrid Quad":

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tgmc/

73, Steve KW3A: