From:
Ian Westerland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 18:03:34 +1100
Interesting discussion and, in part, it depends on what you want to
achieve in working either locally or DX.  My experience has been that
the Inverted V is not quite as effective for DX as a vertical with
the radials and there is the noise factor.  A vertical seems to bring
in more noise than the Inverted V.

I am contemplating a vertical for 40 meters for DX and a monoband
folded di pole for local contacts.  My yard is going to look like an
antenna farm but radio is my main hobby.

Hopefully you will tell us what you finally decide to do.

73

Ian, VK3vin

At 05:49 PM 1/02/2013, you wrote:
>Which ever you like.  Non-trap antennas are broader in band width.  The real
>secret is the 32 radials.
>If you have room for that, why not put up an inverted Vee and save lots of
>money?

Looking for a Guest speaker, Host for your function, Facilitator for
your Staff training and planning sessions or a Consultant on Comunity
Access and Inclusion matters?

call me.
Ian Westerland
0407837068