From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:16:24 -0400
Hi.

While I realize that the emphasis was on small, one rig that I have had
good luck with is the Kenwood TS-690S.  While it is bigger than the radios
you were talking about, it is not huge, and it is quite accessible if
equipped with the AT-450 auto tuner.  Of course, the TS-450SAT would work
just as well if you don't care about 6 meters.  If the voice board is a
problem, I even have an extra VS-2 board over here I could sell you if you
find one of these rigs.  There is very little about this rig that is menu
driven, so the rig is pretty easy to use.

It is what I primarily use on HF, and I've had mine for 9 years
now.  Anyone that knows me well could tell you that if it had any really
annoying warts it wouldn't have stayed in my shack that long as I've gotten
a reputation for turning radios over!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]