From:
Brian Tew <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Tew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:33:24 -0600
Hey yall,
I am having quite the struggle with my fancy new rig.
Hopefully things will settle down as I learn more.
Right now the rig will not transmit, and I don't know why.

I only do cw.  The rig is receiving perfectly.
It makes sidetones when i key it, but the sidetones sound fuzzy--kind of distorted.
The menu says constant recording is off.

One odd thing--I can record a cw page and then hit that page button,
and it sends out the page just fine.
I have verified this with a Ham I was talking with.

The radio was working fine earlier; I even had a qso with Italy the first day.
My brother is here with working eyeballs.
He took a snapshot of the display when it was working properly.
He says the only thing he sees that is different on the display is that it says
r<at>t now, but before it just said at>t.

So thats the story.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and 73.

Brian Tew