Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:44:14 -0500
BlankOT, but I have used with with Jaws and System Access.  I have no reason
to believe it wouldn't work with Window-Eyes.  It is a bit easier to use
with Jaws as some of the items won't spell in System Access as you look over
the list, but other than that, it works very well.

Hi,

I thought I'd submit a post about an outstanding malware removal program
that is extremely accessible.  It is called Adwcleaner.  I used version
4.106.

I tried it about ten days ago on my computer and found a couple things.  My
wife had an issue with her computer freezing when doing downloads, and she
used this program this morning and it corrected the issue.

But, I have a client who had issues with several pieces of spyware such as
global updater, groovorio, roboot, and many more that could not be nuked
with MalwareBytes or a couple different anti-virus programs.  This person
had over sixty browser helper objects in Firefox, and these same programs
that ran in Internet Explorer were listed in various places in the registry,
under program foldrs and scheduled tasks.  It identified over 155 different
registry keys, and over thirty folders with malware.

Adwcleaner opens with a simple screen layout.  Under the actions menu, you
first hit the Scan button.  It will take a few minutes to scan.

On the results screen, there are several tabs.  These are tabs for each
browser (firefox, Internet explorer, google chrome if you have it), plus
tabs for files, folders, registry, scheduled tasks etc.  Under each tab, you
can tab into the list of items it has identified.  If you don't want to
clean an item, just uncheck it as you arrow down through the culprits.

Once you've reviewed everything, go back to the actions area and hit the
Clean button.  It will warn you to make sure you've saved data from your
other applications as it will close all programs.  When it says it will
close all programs--believe it!  It means it!  It closes everything,
including your screen-reader.
Suggestion: Make sure you have a shortcut installed so you can bring your
screen reader back up about ten seconds after it closes.

When you bring your screen reader up again, it will tell you it needs to
reboot to finish the process.

When it reboots, you will be in a notepad log file showing what it wwas able
to remove.  The log file will also be saved, along with the quarantine
folder, under your root directory.

You can download it at

https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

Steve, K8SP