From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:07:58 -0600
the baofeng UV3R series of radios had some inconsistency with tx audio...and
it was due to the pin hole where audio comes into the case to the microphone
cartridge being plugged with glue, or partially covered.  The other issue
was the pin hole was sometimes drilled way off center, sometimes not even in
line with the mike cartridge on the board...the simple fix is to drill out
the front of the case and make a bigger hole that lines up with the
cartridge.
I did this on my uv3r and it improved both tx audio loudness and over all
quality.
if you let more in, it'll sound better lol.
I haven't heard of the UV5R having this issue.  I've never heard any of the
wouxuns having this problem at all.
I always drill out my hand mikes, and HT's if possible to increase the size
of the hole in front of the mike cartridge.
Even the IC7000's first stock mike had this problem, so it's common even
with the high priced rigs.

73
Colin, V A6BKX