From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 14:12:22 -0700
So just for some trouble shooting comments:
the vs3 voice comes through as normal right? i'm thinking a speaker or
external speaker issue if your not hearing "anything".
Does the sub receiver work normally, IE the VHF and UHF bands?  and do they
function as normal using both the main and sub VFO's?
Are you posative that all coax and connecters are in good repare...if you
are switching the antenna to a different radio, perhaps you are twisting or
moving the PL259 jack so that it works fine on the other rig, but stops
working when you move it back to the ts2000?
You also weren't clear on what part of the receiver isn't working...HF, VHF,
UHF general coverage, what?
If it is everything, then I suspect something other than the radio's
internal circuitry as HF and VHF/UHF receivers are totally separate in the
ts2000 and likely wouldn't fail at the same time.
What sort of noise level difference do you hear when you listen to the
receiver with, and without the HF antenna plugged in?
You said you hear stuff once in a while, but it's not clear...do you mean
the signal is low, or that the audio is garbled, or distorted or something
like that?
Just trying to trouble shoot a bit here because if it is something that can
be done on your own, it would be allot better than paying $50 each way for
shipping to find out there is nothing wrong with the rig.
So try using headphones on the front headphone jack, unplug any external
speaker you might be using, try to determine which part of the receiver, or
which receiver specifically isn't working.  The ts2000's are pretty bullet
proof in my experience...unless you had a lightening strike or something
that blew out the receiver.
How long has this issue been going on?
73
Colin, V A6BKX