From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:19:18 -0700
Hi Colin, I have a friend who used a copper loop antenna
approximately 36 inches in diameter to conduct DX with European
stations using I think 10 watts.  He lived in an apartment and
was using a digital protocol but I can't remember which one it
was other than it wasn't PSK 31.  Pretty amazing stuff, but each
contact takes a while, kind of like it will be when we have folks
living on Mars! 73, Jim WA6EKS