From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:58:38 -0000
Hi Phil,

I've used N1MM Logger for almost a year now.

I agree the link on the website is a bit confusing and I keep having to remind myself whenever I download a new version.

I think my main observation, as with many of these things is that, once you've got it set up, for which you may need some sighted help, the program itself runs fine.

Most of the actual contest setup and message editing works OK, though much of the configuration stuff it inaccessible. Once this is sorted out, of course, you shouldn't need to change it very often anyway.

One down side for me is that the other windows (than the logging) don't seem to become active when selected, so these aren't accessed by my screen reader. This stops me keeping track of statistics as I go, but then I suppose one can place too much emphasis on that kind of thing anyway, at the expense of just operating and following your own nose, which is what I do.

I use JAWS, which does witter on excessively, so I put it to sleep for actual contest and regular operation. I have my old Braille display connected to the radio computer, so I can verify what's being entered and edit things as necessary.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers & 73,

Terry, GM3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow
G42 8DR
Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
Web: www.describe-online.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5665 (20101201) __________

http://www.eset.com