From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:43:15 -0600
the camera also has a very narrow scope to read...the check amount is
written in the same place, or close to it, each time...the software will
account for differences in writing style, but I would think when writing
numbers, there isn't nearly as much variety in style as there is with hand
writing.
I think most people print numbers fairly consistently over hand written
text.
that said, this is a pretty cool development with ATM's...now, if only the
ATM's around here with onboard speech were settup for the speech.  That is,
nearly all of them have the head phone jack on the front and claim they
speak, but many of them don't actually work.
and most of them have braille on them as well, but not for all buttons...so
you have to guess as to which buttons do what...they are mostly universal,
but occasionally one particular bank will alter the sequence of the buttons.
73
Colin, V A6BKX