From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:15:41 -0500
    This is interesting!

I have used both a hand mic, and my new Heil ICM mic made for Icoms, and
have always kept the 718 mic gain at mid-scale.  Maybe I ought to crank it
up all the way sometime, and see what happens.

The other problem I have is that it's hard to know when the compressor is on
or off, so I just leave that alone--hopefully in the "off" position.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ