From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:07:49 -0800
Wayne,
I usually just ignore these codes, there is no secret meaning, just
punctuation characters.
Sometimes the number associated with say a % sign substitutes for a standard
ascii character, E.G. %20 for space.
Sometimes a higher number substitutes for an upper ascii character, and
sometimes who knows.
trying to figure all this out is a good way to go nuts. and there are too
many pieces of unknown software between you and an email source to ever
track it down.

If there is a conspiracy targetted at you, it's succeeding, you're worrying
about something that's a trivial annoyance.
Tom Fowle WA6IVG