From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:51:04 -0600
Tonight, the PJ7 on 30 meters was up and down and dropping into the noise a lot so just for the fun of it, instead of flipping on my noise blanker, which creates images within the filter bandwidth when you have hundreds of stations all crowded together and transmitting at the same time, I tried turning on the Digital Signal Processor.  This reduced the noise by about half and brought the PJ7 up to Q5.  I've been using the DSP a lot lately just trying to get used to its characteristics and I have done this several times, that is, bringing a Q4 CW signal up to Q5 by just using the DSP and nothing else to filter the signal.

Phil.
K0NX