From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:57:48 -0500
    Dave and all:

As I said last night, I use my G5RV all the time with my Icom rigs and an
auto-tuner, and it tunes up fine on anything from 40 through 10 meters.
Heck, I even used to check into a 6-meter FM simplex net we have hear with
the G5RV.  That was certainly good for a few laughs around here, until I got
my 6-meter vertical on my tower.

The 102-foot version does have some problems on 80 meters, though, but I do
know some folks who have used it on 80 with the help of a manual tuner.

The bottom line is that the G5RV is a good all-purpose antenna, if you are
willing to make some compromises on overall efficiency for certain bands.

Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ