From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:38:24 -0500
If all you want to run is a dual bander, as long as you're not running high
power and transmitting full time all day long, a car jump pack will probably
work fine. I've run full 4 hour drills on one here, including HF of course,
didn't cut anything back and still had plenty of power left at the end of
it. Right now I have an alarm battery that was replaced due to a policy of
replacing them every 2 years, it looks like the same battery as in the jump
pack and again, it seems to run everything a while. If I was just going to
run a UHF/VHF radio, and if I was going to mid power, it would run it all
day pretty easy. It might even do high power when you figure how little you
actually transmit in a situation where you might really need it.